Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Thunderbolts lookout.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Thunderbolts lookout is in the Polblue and Devils Hole precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- From Gloucester take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The lookout is located on the left after passing Honeysuckle picnic area
- It is a short walk from the carpark to the lookout
Park entry points
- Thunderbolts lookout carpark See on map
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Thunderbolts lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Maps and downloads
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422