The Falls Water Falls
Mullion Range State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about The Falls Water Falls.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
The Falls Water Falls is in the southern section of Mullion Range State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From Orange, travel north-east along Ophir Road for approximately 17km
- Central Mines trail carpark is located on the left
- From the carpark follow Central Mines trail for approximately 800m to The Falls Water Falls.
- The water falls are not signposted so you may require a topographic map and compass, or a GPS to find the falls from the trail.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available on Ophir Road at Central Mines trail carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you at Mullion Range State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
The cooler months are a great time for enjoying bushwalks, birdwatching and 4WD touring in the area.
Relax and dine al fresco surrounded by blooming wildflowers at Fourth Crossing picnic area.
Cool off with a splash in the creek or go trout fishing when the weather gets steamy.
The Falls Water Falls is particularly striking when there are high levels of water in Summer Hill Creek following heavy rainfall.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 28°C
2°C and 13°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Toilets are located at Fourth Crossing picnic area, 2km north along Ophir Road.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795