The Falls Water Falls
Mullion Range State Conservation Area
The Falls Water Falls, near Summer Hill Creek in Mullion Range State Conservation Area, is great for scenic views, bushwalking, picnicking and birdwatching.
- Mullion Range State Conservation Area
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Follow Central Mines trail to The Falls Water Falls at Summer Hill Creek for breathtaking views of the creek cascading down over two levels. The falls are lovely all year around, but are particularly striking when water levels in the creek are high following heavy rainfall. At the bottom of this glorious waterfall, you’ll find a tranquil swimming hole that makes the most perfect place to cool off on a hot summer’s day.
This is also a great spot to get a great sense of the diversity of this area, including its gold mining boom-era history, with the old water race that once fed water through to mining areas. The waterfalls are also a lovely spot for off-bank fishing, birdwatchers will want to be sure to bring their binoculars to glimpse local woodland birds such as eastern and crimson rosellas, and owls.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mullion Range State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mullion Range State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.