Sturt National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Talpero lookout.
Getting there and parking
Talpero lookout is near Fort Grey campground in Sturt National Park. To get there:
- From Tibooburra, head south on Silver City Highway for 1 km.
- Turn right onto Cameron Corner Road, following it for 43 km.
- Turn left to stay on Cameron Corner Road and continue for 74 km.
- Turn left onto The Dunes Scenic Drive. Talpero lookout will be on your right in 9.6km.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available.
There are no bins, so please take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Access is via steps or a steep slope, or you'll have to move across a rough surface with obstacles such as potholes, tree roots, and rocks. Wheelchairs can access this area with assistance.
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880
- in Sturt National Park in the Outback NSW region
Sturt National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass