Rowleys Rock lookout
Tapin Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rowleys Rock lookout.
Getting there and parking
Rowleys Rock lookout is in the northern precinct of Tapin Tops National Park. To get there:
- From Wingham, take Elands Road and Wherrol Flat Road to Wherrol Flat
- Turn left onto Dingo Tops Road and follow to Dingo Tops campground
- Continue north on Knodingbul Road for approximately 2kms
- Turn right into Rowleys Road
- Take the first right into Rowleys Rock Road (vehicles towing trailers / long-wheelbase campervans should be parked at this location)
- Take Rowleys Rock Road for 400m to the carpark
- It’s a 45 minute strenuous walk from here to the lookout.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Rowleys Rock lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Tapin Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The autumn colours in Dingo Tops campground are nothing short of spectacular in autumn, making it a perfect spot for a picnic or a stroll on a crisp, clear day.
Enjoy the fresh young growth and newborn animals on walks to the spectacular Rowleys Rock lookout with its panoramic views, or wandering through the rainforest along Potaroo Falls walk or Mountain Brush circuit.
Escape the heat and humidity of the coast and go swimming at the lovely Potoroo Falls, or enjoy the fresh mountain air at Dingo Tops campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 30°C
7°C and 23°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430