Morton National Park
Renown lookout is on the West Rim walking track in Morton National Park. It offers stunning views of Fitzroy Falls cascading down through waterholes and an incredible vista of the Yarrunga Valley.
Renown lookout is the final lookout along the West Rim walking track, and a 3.6km return walk from Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre. From Renown lookout you can clearly view both Fitzroy Falls and Lady Hordern Falls as they cascade through the gorge. And if you look to the south, you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the sandstone ridged Yarrunga Valley.
West Rim walking track
Moderate West Rim walking track offers scenic waterfall views, ideal for families on a car tour of Morton National Park, in the Southern Highlands, near Robertson.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass
Things to do (150)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Adventure sports (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (44)
- Cafes and kiosks (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (7)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Cycling (5)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Other experiences (6)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (27)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (10)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Show cave tours (8)
- Sightseeing (80)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (12)
- Visitor centres (3)
- Walking (81)
- Waterfalls (31)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (19)