Mystery Bay lookout
Eurobodalla National Park
Mystery Bay lookout in Eurobodalla National Park is a great place for scenic views, picnicking, walking, birdwatching and seasonal whale watching on the south coast.
- Eurobodalla National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
Mystery Bay lookout is in the most southern part of Eurobodalla National Park not far from the picturesque hamlet of Mystery Bay. The lookout offers fabulous scenic views out to the Pacific Ocean where you are likely to see whales during their spring migration, so bring your binoculars along.
The coastal Yuin People traditionally camped, fished and collected resources in this area, a tradition that continues into present. A number of middens and artefact scatters remain in Mystery Bay so keep a close eye out for these.
Next to the lookout is a picnic area, so pack a lunch and spend some time soaking up the scenic surroundings as coastal wattle and pale yellow banksia decorate this charming picnic spot.
There are plenty of walking opportunities from Mystery Bay lookout as well as swimming, fishing and surfing at nearby beaches. For the adventurous, the coastline around Mystery Bay has deep channels that are great for snorkelling.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546
- in Eurobodalla National Park in the South Coast region
Eurobodalla National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (8)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Walking (1)