Mount Nangar lookout
Nangar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Nangar lookout.
Getting there and parking
From Terrara Creek camping and picnic area:
- Travel east towards Dripping Rock, after which the road requires a 4WD.
- 250m beyond Dripping Rock carpark, you’ll reach the eastern intersection of Terarra Creek fire trail and Dripping Rock Bypass Road.
- Continue along Terarra Creek fire trail for 3km
- Turn left onto Goanna fire trail and continue for 2km
- Turn left onto Nangar fire trail, which will take you to the summit.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Mount Nangar lookout may be closed following heavy rain.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Limited parking is available near the lookout at the end of the Nangar fire trail.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nangar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
As the days cool down, it's perfect weather for taking some of the longer walks along the walking tracks and fire trails.
Bushwalkers will be rewarded with beautiful wildflowers and flowering shrubs.
Build a cosy campfire at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area and spend a cool, clear night gazing at the stars.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 33°C
2°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.