Dharawal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Maddens Falls.
Getting there and parking
The Maddens Falls is in the eastern precinct of Dharawal National Park. To get there:
- Take the Old Princes Highway south from Helensburgh
- Turn right onto Darkes Forest Road and continue along for 2.5km to Maddens Falls carpark
- Carpark is located on the southern side of the road opposite the Apple Shack Glenbernie Orchard, 259 Darkes Rd.
- From the carpark follow the signs for 750m along the walking track to Maddens Falls.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Maddens Falls.
Best times to visit
Dharawal National Park is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a refreshing dip during summer, a weekend picnic in the winter sun, some wildflower spotting during spring or an autumn walk or bike ride.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 26°C
6°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Wollongong office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 4224 4199
- Unit G Ground Floor, 84 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW 2500