Macintyre Falls lookout
Kwiambal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Macintyre Falls lookout.
Getting there and parking
Macintyre Falls lookout is in the northwest precinct of Kwiambal National Park. To get there:
- From Ashford, take Wallangra Road north west.
- Turn right onto Sandy Creek Road
- Then left onto Limestone Road and continue into Kwiambal National Park
- Turn left onto Macintyre Falls Road and follow to the end.
- Travel along Inverell Street in Ashford and turn onto Limestone Road.
- At the intersection of Limestone Road and Sandy Creek Road turn right, and continue into Kwiambal National Park.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Macintyre Falls picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kwiambal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Between the warmer months of September and March, spectacular wildflower displays decorate the bush beneath white cypress pines.
The many swimming opportunities, including rivers, secluded beaches, and even a plunge pool, makes Kwiambal a terrific destination in the height of summer.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16.9°C and 30.6°C
2.7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372