Macintyre Falls lookout
Kwiambal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Macintyre Falls lookout.
Getting there and parking
Macintyre Falls lookout is in the northwest precinct of Kwiambal National Park. To get there:
- From Ashford, take Wallangra Road north west.
- Turn right onto Sandy Creek Road
- Then left onto Limestone Road and continue into Kwiambal National Park
- Turn left onto Macintyre Falls Road and follow to the end.
- Travel along Inverell Street in Ashford and turn onto Limestone Road.
- At the intersection of Limestone Road and Sandy Creek Road turn right, and continue into Kwiambal National Park.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Macintyre Falls picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kwiambal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Between the warmer months of September and March, spectacular wildflower displays decorate the bush beneath white cypress pines.
The many swimming opportunities, including rivers, secluded beaches, and even a plunge pool, makes Kwiambal a terrific destination in the height of summer.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16.9°C and 30.6°C
2.7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Kwiambal National Park in the Country NSW region
Kwiambal National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.