Grand High Tops lookout
Warrumbungle National Park
Grand High Tops lookout is in Warrumbungle National Park along Breadknife and Grand High Tops walk. This lofty summit is a great place to soak up breathtaking views of this ancient volcanic landscape.
Reach the summit lookout with a short but steep climb up Lugh’s Throne on the Grand High Tops section of the Breadknife and Grand High Tops walk.
Your efforts will be well rewarded. Perched a lofty 960m above sea level, you’ll be surrounded by dykes, plugs and lava domes—the impressive remains of the once-huge Warrumbungle volcano.
It’s the perfect spot for a well-deserved lunch break. Enjoy views of the Breadknife, the Needle and Belougery and Tonduron Spires. You’ll also see Crater Bluff, Balor Peak and Bluff Mountain.
Breadknife and Grand High Tops walk
Breadknife and Grand High Tops walk in Warrumbungle National Park, regarded as one of the best walks in NSW, offers close up views of the park’s iconic rock formations.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coonabarabran office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6842 1311
- 30 Timor Street, Coonabarabran NSW 2357
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (31)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Educational activities (1)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Other experiences (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (18)
- Swimming (1)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (21)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (11)