Charles Hamey lookout
Kattang Nature Reserve
You’ll be amazed at the breathtaking coastal views from Charles Hamey lookout. Admire the colourful spring wildflowers and enjoy birdwatching and whale watching.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
Just a short walk from the carpark, you’ll be amazed at the breathtaking coastal views from Charles Hamey lookout. Sit on the cliff tops and admire magnificent scenery overlooking Gogleys Lagoon, with North Brother Mountain in Dooragan National Park providing a dramatic backdrop.
Gaze across the golden sands of Dunbogan Beach as it sweeps around to Diamond Head in Crowdy Bay National Park. Look out for whales and dolphins in the glistening blue waters below. You’ll also see plenty of birdlife, and you may even be lucky enough to see a peregrine falcon flying high above.
Then shift your perspective and admire the delicate beauty of the wildflowers around you. In spring, the bush comes to life with bright wildflowers like boronia, flannel flower, everlasting daisy and wedding bush. Why not really immerse yourself in colour and continue walking around the 2km Flower Bowl circuit or try the nearby Perpendicular Point walking track.
Take a virtual tour of Charles Hamey lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Kattang Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Kattang Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger, or pest management.