Brushbox Falls lookout
Border Ranges National Park
Brushbox Falls lookout, in Border Ranges National Park, is only a short walk from Sheepstation Creek campground. The lookout offers views of rainforest and waterfalls.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Sunscreen, drinking water, hat, clothes for all weather conditions
- Please note
- It's a good idea to fill your fuel tank before heading out to the park as the closest service stations are in Kyogle, Woodenbong, Nimbin and Rathdowney.
- Brushbox Falls lookout is in a remote location, so please be well-prepared,and tell a family member or friend about your travel plans.
Tall brushbox and dainty Christmas orchids are dotted along the mostly downhill walk, with strangler figs and Bangalow palms adding to the charming scenery.
Bring along your binoculars for birdwatching, as this World Heritage-listed park is teeming with birdlife. Keep a look out for green catbirds, paradise riflebirds, rose-crowned fruit-doves and wompoo fruit-doves.
Brushbox Falls is particularly impressive during the wet season in late summer, or after heavy rains at any time of year.
Take a virtual tour of Brushbox Falls lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass