Brushbox Falls lookout
Border Ranges National Park
Brushbox Falls lookout, in Border Ranges National Park, is only a short walk from Sheepstation Creek campground. The lookout offers views of rainforest and waterfalls.
- Border Ranges National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Sunscreen, drinking water, hat, clothes for all weather conditions
- Please note
- It's a good idea to fill your fuel tank before heading out to the park as the closest service stations are in Kyogle, Woodenbong, Nimbin and Rathdowney.
- Brushbox Falls lookout is in a remote location, so please be well-prepared,and tell a family member or friend about your travel plans.
Tall brushbox and dainty Christmas orchids are dotted along the mostly downhill walk, with strangler figs and Bangalow palms adding to the charming scenery.
Bring along your binoculars for birdwatching, as this World Heritage-listed park is teeming with birdlife. Keep a look out for green catbirds, paradise riflebirds, rose-crowned fruit-doves and wompoo fruit-doves.
Brushbox Falls is particularly impressive during the wet season in late summer, or after heavy rains at any time of year.
Take a virtual tour of Brushbox Falls lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy an annual pass.
- Kyogle office
02 6632 0000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyogle office