Bungonia National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Adams lookout.
Getting there and parking
Adams lookout is in the northern precinct of Bungonia National Park. To get there:
- From Bungonia follow Lookdown Road to the park entrance
- Drive past the park office for approximately 300m
- Turn left into Adams lookout Road (unsealed) and follow to the end.
- The lookout is an easy 200m walk from here.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available in Adams lookout, including a designated disabled spot.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bungonia National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
After the heat of summer has subsided, take advantage of the milder weather for hiking in the park.
Enjoy bushwalking in the comfortable temperatures of this time of year when the wildflowers are at their finest. Late in the season, the stands of brittle gum become extremely photogenic as their white trunks turn pink.
Deeper exploration of caves is possible when their carbon dioxide levels reduce in winter as the warm air from within rises and the caves ‘breathe'.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 26°C
1°C and 13°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Bungonia office
- Some weekends and peak holiday periods only. Call Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre outside these periods.
- 02 4827 4700
- 838 The Lookdown Road, Bungonia NSW 2580
- in Bungonia National Park in the Country NSW region
Bungonia National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to high fire danger, or park operations. It's a good idea to ring the office for current information.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Daily fees can be paid at the ticket machines at the park office.Buy annual pass