Garigal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cascades trail.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cascades trail is accessed via Douglas Street, St Ives near Acron Oval. To get there:
- Exit Mona Vale Road onto Douglas Street, St Ives
- Follow Douglas Street until you reach Gwyn Close. The walk starts at the oval
Cascades trail can also be accessed via Stone Parade, Davidson. To get there:
- Take Forest Way north from Frenchs Forest and turn left onto Adams Street
- Continue onto Blackbutts Road, then turn right into Kambora Avenue
- Turn right into Borgnis Street and take the immediate left into Stone Parade
- The track starts about 100m before Barney Place
Parking is available on Douglas Street and Stone Parade, a short walk from the Cascades trail.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Garigal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spot wildflowers turning the undergrowth into a painter's palette along the Cascades trail during late winter and early spring.
Davidson Park is a popular place for a family picnic or barbecue, so pack up the kids and a tasty lunch to enjoy some time in the great outdoors.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 26°C
10°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Gathering firewood and the use of heat beads is not permitted.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass