Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site.
Getting there and parking
Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site is in the Kunderang Brook area of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. To get there:
- From the Oxley Highway, turn into Kangaroo Flat Road just east of Yarrowitch
- Follow Kangaroo Flat Road for around 28km
- Continue onto Mooraback Road into Werrikimbe National Park
- Continue into Oxley Wild Rivers National Park on Racecourse Trail and follow the signs.
There's a gate at the park entrance which can be unlocked by an access code. Access codes will be provided in your booking confirmation email. Call 1300 072 757 if you have not received your code. The gate must be locked at all times. Re-lock the gate after you have passed through. No trailers are allowed past the gate.
The access road includes a natural creek crossing that may be impassable after heavy rain – check the height of the water before you cross.
All roads require high clearance, low range 4WD vehicles (no SUVs).
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
1 vehicle is permitted per booking. Parking is available at the campground and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time to tackle the Green Gully track when the days are not too hot and the nights not too cold.
The heathlands are a riot of colour when the flowers are out.
The waterfalls are likely to be at their most impressive after the summer rains.
Crisp, cool and clear days are good for a brisk half day bushwalk.
- Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Youdales Hut campground and picnic area
- Water is not available, you'll need to bring your own supply. You can draw water from the river if available, but it must be treated before drinking.
- Rubbish bins are not available, please take all rubbish with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
We encourage ‘catch and release’ fishing.
- Motorbikes or trailers of any type
- Amplified music. Please be considerate of others and keep noise low.
- Chemical toilets. For example, porta potties.
- The possession or use of any type of firearm
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park where you'll need day use vehicle permits: Halls Peak campground and picnic area, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales Hut campground and picnic area. Day use vehicle permits can be bought online or by calling the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. If camping, permit fees are included in the campground fee.Contact us for permits