Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site gives a glimpse into early settler life in the remote gorge county within World Heritage-listed Kunderang wilderness.
- Historic buildings/places
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- Entry fees
Vehicle entry fees apply to day visitors. $17 per vehicle, $11 pensioner/NPWS annual pass holder.
- Please note
- You'll need a permit and a key to access this area. Please contact the Walcha office on 02 6777 4700.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Youdales Hut and Stockyards can become boggy when it rains.
- Access is for 4WD vehicles with low range only.
- The access road includes a natural creek crossing that may be impassable after heavy rain – check the height of the water before you cross.
- Remember to bring your own drinking water.
If you enjoy some hands-on history, then try a visit to Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site. You’ll be transported to an era when early graziers and farm hands tried to tame this wild and rugged landscape deep in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.
Stepping inside this slab-sided mustering hut, you might sense what life was like for the early settlers in this remote gorge country. From the shade of the old verandah, gaze out across the steep ravines and valleys of the internationally recognised wilderness area.
Luckily, the area is now World Heritage-listed and the unique wildlife and diversity of the area is protected. If all that appreciation for the Kunderung wilderness, gets you hungry, head to Youdales campground for a picnic or barbecue.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park that charge vehicle entry fees: Halls Peak campground, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales campground.
Vehicle entry fee is $20, or $12 for concession or NPWS annual pass holders. Fees not applicable if you're paying campground fees.Buy an annual pass.
- Armidale office
02 6738 9100
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
- 145 Miller Street, Armidale NSW 2350
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armidale office