Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site gives a glimpse into early settler life in the remote gorge county within World Heritage-listed Kunderang wilderness.
- Historic buildings/places
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Entry fees
- Please note
- Day use vehicle permits are valid from 7am to 7pm and must be paid online.
- There’s a maximum of 2 bookings per customer name
- This is a remote campground suited for self-reliant visitors. Please arrive well prepared.
If you enjoy some hands-on history, then try a visit to Youdales Hut and Stockyards historic site. You’ll be transported to an era when early graziers and farm hands tried to tame this wild and rugged landscape deep in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.
Stepping inside this slab-sided mustering hut, you might sense what life was like for the early settlers in this remote gorge country. From the shade of the old verandah, gaze out across the steep ravines and valleys of the internationally recognised wilderness area.
Luckily, the area is now World Heritage-listed and the unique wildlife and diversity of the area is protected. If all that appreciation for the Kunderang wilderness, gets you hungry, head to Youdales Hut campground and picnic area for a picnic or barbecue.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park where you'll need day use vehicle permits: Halls Peak campground and picnic area, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales Hut campground and picnic area. Day use vehicle permits can be bought online or by calling the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. If camping, permit fees are included in the campground fee.Contact us for permits