Yerranderie Private Town
Yerranderie Regional Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yerranderie Private Town.
Getting there and parking
Yerranderie Private Town is in Yerranderie Regional Park. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which leads onto Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong Oberon historic stock route) and follow this unsealed road past Mount Werong campground.
- Continue all the way along the crest of Murruin Range to Yerranderie Regional Park
NB: No immediate access to/from Sydney, only via Goulburn/Oberon areas:
- Please note no access is available from Sydney's west through Burragorang Valley from East (Picton/Oakdale) and there is no access through the valley from the west, in an easterly direction from Yerranderie.
- Schedule 1 protected water catchment access restrictions ensure Sydney’s water quality and prevent any access through this area
- Please be aware that many commercially available online mapping and GPS navigation devices do not have this information listed within, and following these without first programming Goulburn or Oberon as an initial destination will cause navigational issues.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Yerranderie Private Town.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 30°C
3°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
There is limited water available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- Oberon office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6336 6200
- 38 Ross Street, Oberon NSW 2787