Willandra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Willandra Homestead.
Getting there and parking
The Willandra Homestead is in the Willandra Homestead precinct of Willandra National Park. To get there:
- From Hillston, drive 53km west along the Mossgiel Trunk Road (unsealed and impassable after rain). Turn north onto Trida Road and drive another 20km until you see the park entrance signposted on the right (east).
- From the Cobb Highway, turn east at Mossgiel and drive 61km east. Turn north onto Trida Road and drive another 20km until you see the park entrance signposted on the right (east).
- Drive another 10km east along the Willandra Creek Trail to reach the Willandra Homestead precinct
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at the Willandra Homestead, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Willandra National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Like spring, this season is also a time of mild weather.
Spring brings mild weather and fantastic birdwatching opportunities, as well as being the best time for wildflower displays. Drive, cycle or walk the scenic Merton trail or follow the Nilla Yannagalang Billana walking trail to make the most of what's on offer at this time of year.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 32°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
There is limited water available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
There is a ramp to the homestead.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680
- in Willandra National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Willandra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring correct change.Buy annual pass