Seaton's Farm historic site
Weddin Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Seaton's Farm historic site.
Getting there and parking
Seatons Farm historical site is on the western side of the Weddin Mountains National Park. To get there:
- From Grenfell: travel 5.5km west along the Mid-Western Highway towards West Wyalong, then turn left onto Back Piney Range Road, following the signs to Weddin Mountains National Park.
- Follow the road around for 23km and then turn left onto the park entrance road over the grid. Go through the State Forest and then turn right to Seatons Farm.
- The site is then 450m on the left. Alternatively, you can park in Ben Hall’s campground and walk across to Seatons Farm.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available along the road next to Seaton's Farm in the State Forest or at Ben Hall's campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Weddin Mountains National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler days make it an ideal time to undertake some of the longer walks. It's also a good time to wander around Seaton's Farm to investigate and compare machinery used back then to what we have today.
A great time to see the wildflowers that blanket much of the ground. Venture up to the lookouts to see the sprawling surrounding farming country.
Enjoy a free barbecue at Ben Hall's campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
30°C and 33°C
12°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795