Heritage Pump Station
Thirlmere Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Heritage Pump Station.
Getting there and parking
Heritage Pump Station is accessed from Couridjah picnic area in the southern precinct of Thirlmere Lakes National Park. To get there:
- If travelling north from Buxton on West Parade, turn left onto Slades Road or Pumphouse Road.
- If travelling south from Picton, turn right onto Slades Road and continue to the picnic area, which will be on the left.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Couridjah picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Thirlmere Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Admire the ground orchids and active birdlife along Thirlmere Lakes track, or enjoy a pleasant picnic and barbecue at Lake Couridjah picnic area.
Photo opportunities with frost and misty lakes make this a great time of year to capture an iconic photograph.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
14°C and 28°C
2°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- Richmond office
- Monday to Friday , 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4588 2400
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW 2753