Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about General Store.
Getting there and parking
General Store is in the centre of Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
- Continue driving on Hill End Road into the township, where it becomes Beyer’s Avenue.
- General Store is on your right, opposite Royal Hotel.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Car and bus parking is available at General Store.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Hill End Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
With sunny, dry days and crisp evenings, it's a great time of year for a camping holiday at Hill End – head to the Village campground or the larger Glendora campground. You could even sign up as a Campground Host.
Flowers are at their best this time of the year - enjoy cherry blossoms and blooms in the historic cottage gardens.
The winter light is renowned among artists and photographers - you may even get some shots of snow .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
1°C and 15°C
April and May
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair-accessible
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850