Cattai Homestead and historic farm buildings
Cattai National Park
Cattai Homestead and historic farm buildings near Windsor, just north of Sydney, are an important part of Australian history and a must-see for history buffs.
- Historic buildings/places
- 245 Arndells Trail, Cattai, NSW, 2756 - in Cattai National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Cattai Homestead interior is currently closed for restoration work, but you can still walk around this historic site.
- Please note
- The two historic sites are best visited together. You can do this by car or on foot. They’re 1.5km apart.
Cattai National Park is made up of land originally granted to First Fleet assistant surgeon Thomas Arndell. Today, the park contains a number of historic colonial buildings associated with generations of the Arndell family who farmed along the Hawkesbury.
There are two clusters of interesting historic sites within the park to explore. There’s an early colonial dwelling, the 1820's National Trust-listed Cattai Homestead that features convict-built dry stone walls. There’s also a dairy and grain silo complex built in the 1930’s, just prior to the area becoming a recreation ground.
Roam around to explore the area’s fascinating farming heritage. You’ll find signage to fill you in on the history, along with machinery similar to that used by the Arndells displayed in neighbouring fields.
There’s plenty of other activities at Cattai National Park while you’re here – take a walk from the silos to the Hawkesbury River lookout, or enjoy a barbecue lunch at one of the picnic areas.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day (including motorbikes). The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring credit card or correct coins.Buy annual pass