Snowy Mountains multi-day horse ride treks
High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
Immerse yourself in the wild beauty of the Snowy Mountains on a multi-day horse riding trek guided and supported by Reynella Rides. You'll enjoy hearty mountain food and roomy tents as you explore the High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park.
- Contact Reynella Rides for tour dates.
- High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Beginner to advanced riders welcome. Basic fitness required to ride all day.
- Contact Reynella Rides for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Reynella Rides on 02 6454 2386 or 0427 542 386.
- Please note
- Tours run for 3-5 days and 4-6 nights.
These 3-5 day horse riding adventures are a great way to traverse vast plains, river crossings and mountain ridges in the fabled country of The Man from Snowy River.
After a delicious breakfast prepared by the Reynella Rides camp chef, saddle up your mountain horse and ride out across this beautiful alpine wilderness of grassland and wildflowers. Stop to enjoy a tasty picnic lunch, then ride some more.
At the end of each day your only tasks are to sit back, relax and enjoy the sense of physical well being from a great day’s ride in this magnificent high country. Share laughter and stories of the day’s travel around the campfire as you eat a hearty dinner. Enjoy damper too, washed down with warm mugs of billy tea before going sleep pleasantly fatigued in your tent.
Reynella Rides is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter from June to October long weekends. This period may be extended so it’s a good idea to contact the Tumut Visitor Centre. Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
No park entry fees apply in the High Plains area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass