Smoky Cape Lighthouse tour
Hat Head National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Your NPWS guide invites you on an intimate and memorable tour of Smoky Cape lighthouse, the tallest lighthouse in NSW. Book as a couple or family group.
Saturday 10 December 2022.
Every Wednesday from Wednesday 21 December 2022 until Wednesday 25 January 2023, excluding Wednesday 28 December 2022.
The second Saturday of every month from Saturday 11 March to Saturday 9 December 2023.
Tour times: 8.30am, 9am, 9.45am, 10.15am, 11am and 11.30am.
Each tour runs for 30 minutes.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 5 years and over. The path up to the lighthouse very steep with a ladder and narrow steps inside the lighthouse.
$50 per group (For up to 5 people).
- Meeting point
- Smoky Cape Lighthouse door
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
- Bookings available as a couple (2 adults), or as a family group (2 adults and 2 children).
Meet at the lighthouse door for a private 30min tour. You'll have the opportunity to access a piece of maritime history, visit the light room and take in breathtaking views from the balcony.
Standing high on a narrow headland, NSW highest lighthouse is surrounded by the stunning coastal scenery of Hat Head National Park. Experience a personal tour with our ranger guide in a small group.
Please wear enclosed flat shoes. Allow 10 minutes to reach the lighthouse.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Hat Head National Park in the North Coast region
Hat Head National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass