Smoky Cape Lighthouse tour
Hat Head National Park
Walk alongside an NPWS ranger on an intimate tour of Smoky Cape lighthouse, the tallest lighthouse in NSW. Take in the stunning coastal scenery, in your own small group.
Second Saturday of every month. Additional school holiday dates: Wednesday 3 January, 10 January, 17 January and 24 January 2024.
Tour times: 8.30am, 9am, 9.45am, 10.15am, 11am and 11.30am.
Each tour runs for 30 minutes. Arrive at least 10 mins before your tour starts, to give yourself time to walk up to the lighthouse.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 5 years and over. The path up to the lighthouse very steep, with a ladder and narrow steps inside the lighthouse.
$50 per group (for up to 6 people).
- Meeting point
- Smoky Cape Lighthouse door
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
Bookings available as a couple (2 adults), or as a family group (2 adults and 2 children).
Experience a personal tour with an NPWS ranger in your own small group.
On meeting the ranger at the lighthouse door, you'll be given exclusive guided access to ascend this magnificent structure of NSW maritime history. Inside the lighthouse you'll navigate steep narrow steps and a ladder to access the balcony and light room.
Your ranger will share stories of the lighthouse, tailored to suit your group.
Please wear enclosed flat and sturdy footwear.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Hat Head National Park in the North Coast region
Hat Head National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass