Smoky Cape Lighthouse tour
Hat Head National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Walk alongside a NPWS Ranger on an intimate tour of Smoky Cape lighthouse, the tallest lighthouse in NSW. Take in the stunning coastal scenery, in your own small group.
The second Saturday of every month from Saturday 11 March to Saturday 9 December 2023, excluding Saturday 8 April 2023.
Additional school holiday dates: Wednesday 5 and 12 April, 5 and 12 July, 27 September, 4 October and 27 December 2023.
Tour times: 8.30am, 9am, 9.45am, 10.15am, 11am and 11.30am.
Each tour runs for 30 minutes.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 5 years and over. The path up to the lighthouse very steep with a ladder and narrow steps inside the lighthouse.
$50 per group (for up to 6 people).
- Meeting point
- Smoky Cape Lighthouse door
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
- Bookings available as a couple (2 adults), or as a family group (2 adults and 2 children).
On meeting your ranger at the lighthouse door, you'll be given exclusive guided access to ascend this magnificent structure of NSW maritime history. Inside the lighthouse we'll navigate steep narrow steps and a ladder to access the balcony and light room.
Your ranger will delve into the history and significance of the lighthouse.
This private tour is only available one day a month, so this is a limited opportunity for a truly unique experience.
Please wear enclosed, flat and sturdy footwear.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Hat Head National Park in the North Coast region
Hat Head National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (23)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (7)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Fishing (3)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (11)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (4)
- Walking (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)