Private Byron Bay sessions with Rusty Miller Surf
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Learn to surf at stunning Byron Bay beaches with seasoned experts from Rusty Miller Surf. Their private sessions are a safe way to learn to ride the waves, or take your skills to the next level.
Contact Rusty Miller Surf for session times.
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. All levels of fitness. Sessions cater to all skill levels, from beginner riders through to experienced surfers.
Contact Rusty Miller Surf for price information.
Take a private, one-on-one lesson with Rusty Miller Surf, or book a group session for fun on the waves with friends or family. Either way, you’ll find yourself riding glistening breaks at stunning locations like The Pass and Wategos beaches in beautiful Cape Byron State Conservation Area.
As a former champion, Rusty has inspired and helped people to surf for 40 years. Rusty Miller Surf’s experienced staff will not only teach you to ride the waves, they’ll also share the history and Aloha spirit of this beautiful sport.
Sign up for a beginner session to learn posture, water knowledge and safety. Already up to speed on these basics? Rusty Miller Surf instructors can work with you, studying and improving your technique, to supercharge your surfing to the next level.
Rusty Miller Surf is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $10 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $5 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Tap and pay card or phone payments accepted at pay machines. Cash and credit cards accepted at Cape Byron Information Centre.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass