Muogamarra Lloyd Trig and Deerubbin loop walk
Muogamarra Nature Reserve
Do this 6.6km walk to Deerubbin lookover via Lloyd Trig. Discover extraordinary places above sea level, with spectacular views out to the Hawkesbury River.
Sunday 7 April 2024, 9am to 1pm. Meet at 8.30am
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and teens, 15 years and over, with some bushwalking experience. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
Adult $20 per person. Child (15 to 16 years) $15. Concession $15 per person. Family $60 for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Meeting point
- Muogamarra visitor centre
- Please note
- You can only visit Muogamarra Nature Reserve if you have booked a guided tour in advance.
- You can only access these tracks at the tour times.
- It is 3km from the park gate to the visitor centre, so please allow for this in your travel time.
- Supervise children at lookouts and clifftops with no barriers.
- Muogamarra Nature Reserve protects a fragile ecosystem so let's keep it plastic-free.
We'll take the track along Peats Ferry Road below Tippers lookout, which has beautiful scenic views. We'll follow the tessellated pavement, past a large Aboriginal rock engraving of a whale. Then we'll walk on a bush path to Lloyd Trig.
The return loop follows a track down to the tessellated pavement before turning right onto Powerline track. We'll pass through a variety of vegetation and interesting rock formations, before climbing Holiday Pass.
Muogamarra Nature Reserve is home to many native animals like echidnas, and birdwatchers might glimpse a soaring wedge-tail eagle or an iconic lyrebird. During the Spring wildflower season the reserve transforms with the vibrant colours of flowers in bloom.
This guided morning bushwalk is a rare opportunity to visit the area. It’s usually closed to the public to protect its fragile ecosystems.
Bring drinking water, lunch and snacks. Wear sunscreen, insect repellent, sturdy walking shoes, hat and consider bringing walking poles if needed.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Muogamarra Nature Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Muogamarra Nature Reserve is open to the public from 9am to 4.30pm for 6 weeks around August and September each year. The reserve is closed to the public at other times to protect sensitive natural and cultural heritage values.