Muogamarra highlights walk
Muogamarra Nature Reserve
Join this short guided walk and wander among flowers in Muogamarra Nature Reserve, near Cowan. You'll learn about John Tipper's foresight in securing this beautiful area for future generations.
Tour times: 9.30am to 10.30am; 11am to 12pm; 1pm to 2pm; 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Tour dates: Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from Saturday 10 August to Sunday 15 September 2019
- Muogamarra Nature Reserve
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for all ages.
Adult $20 per person. Child $15 per person. Family $55 for 2 adults and 2 children. Park access fee included in price.
- Meeting point
- Muogamarra Information Centre
- Bookings required. Phone 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757) for more information or book online. Bookings close at 4pm the day before. If spots are still available, bookings can be made on the day at the information centre for an extra $5.
- Please note
- Muogamarra Nature Reserve protects a fragile ecosystem so let's keep it plastic-free
- Please allow 20 mins to drive from the front gate to the visitor information centre and registration desk
- This walk can also be self-guided. Collect your track notes from the information centre on the day
We’ll begin at the information centre and follow the John Duncan (JD) Tipper loop. We’ll pass by spectacular flowers of all colours, from white and yellow through to the brightest pink and red. Some interesting historical places along this path include the museum and the JD Tipper lookout and monument. You'll learn what inspired John Tipper to conserve this beautiful pocket of bushland.
We’ll also see the old cabin site and scattered relics from Tipper’s era. At the end of the walk we’ll return to the information centre to explore the many photographic and information displays there.
Muogamarra Nature Reserve is open for just 6 weekends a year to preserve its fragile ecosystems and Aboriginal heritage.
Wear enclosed sturdy walking shoes, and bring weather protection, drinking water and all food and snacks. Help us keep Muogamarra Nature Reserve plastic-free.
- in Muogamarra Nature Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Muogamarra Nature Reserve is open to the public from 9am to 4.30pm for 6 weekends around August and September each year. The reserve is closed to the public at other times to protect sensitive natural and cultural heritage values.
- Kalkari Discovery Centre
02 9472 9300
02 9472 9301
Contact hours: 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kalkari Discovery Centre