Hawkesbury to harbour walk: Stage 4
Garigal National Park
Explore the sights of Garigal National Park by joining this 8-hour, 16km guided walk. It’s the fourth walk in a series of 5 walks.
Saturday 2 October 2021, 8am to 4pm
- Garigal National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children 15 years and over. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
Adult $20 per person. Concession/child (15 years and over) $15 per person. Family $60 (2 adults and 2 children 15 years and over).
- Meeting point
- Chatswood Station, eastern side, bus interchange Stand C.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, clothes for all weather conditions
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
- Bring your lunch, snacks, at least 2 litres of drinking water and walking poles if needed.
- You'll also need your Opal card or money for return travel to Chatswood station.
This series of walks starts at Berowra and finishes at Manly.
On this fourth walk, we’ll meet at Chatswood Station and catch a bus to the previous finish point on Roseville bridge. From here we’ll traverse through Garigal National Park along the tracks and fire trails around Bantry Bay.
Garigal is part of an important wildlife corridor that spans all the way from Sydney Harbour to the national parks of the Blue Mountains. Beautiful wildflowers, native birds, historic sites and spectacular views await you. This challenging walk follows Flat Rock track and Magazine track around the shoreline of Middle Harbour. Along the way you'll see historically important buildings like Bungaroo and the former Bantry Bay Explosives Magazine complex, surrounded by stunning foreshore and bushland views.
After climbing to the top of a ridge, we’ll finish our walk at Seaforth Oval. We'll take a bus from there back to Chatswood station.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. There are pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass