Hawkesbury to harbour walk: Stage 3
Garigal National Park
Join this great 7-hour, 14km guided walk and explore Garigal National Park in northern Sydney. It's the third walk in a series of 5 walks.
Saturday 4 September 2021, 8.30am to 3.30pm.
- Garigal National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children 15 years and over. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
Adult $20 per person. Concession/child (15 years and over) $15 per person. Family $60 (2 adults and 2 children 15 years and over).
- Meeting point
- Meet at Gordon Station, western side. Bus interchange Stand A.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, clothes for all weather conditions
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Please note
- Bring your lunch, snacks, at least 2 litres of drinking water and walking poles if needed.
- You'll also need your Opal card or money for return travel to Gordon railway station.
The series starts at Berowra and finishes at Manly.
This guided walk goes from Middle Harbour to Roseville through Garigal National Park, which is rich in Aboriginal heritage. Aboriginal people have been custodians of the land in Garigal National Park for thousands of years, and this connection and legacy is evident throughout the park. Garigal has extensive Aboriginal art sites, with over 100 recorded to date, including cave art, rock engravings, shelters, middens and grinding grooves.
We’ll do a short bus trip, leaving Gordon at 8.10am, to nearby St Ives. From there we’ll set out along tracks and fire trails, following Cascades trail to The Cascades. This is where Middle Harbour and Frenchs Creek converge in picturesque rockpools. We’ll then follow Middle Harbour Creek on Stepping Stone Crossing trail and Lyrebird track to Davidson Park.
There’s great scenery along this whole trail, with every bend in the creek giving way to something new, including spectacular views of Middle Harbour.
The walk concludes on the Chatswood side of Roseville Bridge. We’ll return to Gordon Station by public transport.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at Davidson Park only. There are pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass