Grove Cave tour
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
Caves closed for repairs
All caves in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve are closed until Sunday 31 March 2024. We're working to repair flood damage and ensure safe access for visitors.
Feeling adventurous? If you are, join a challenging guided tour of Grove Cave at Abercrombie Caves. It's made up of tight narrow passages, high ceilings and white walls.
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children 7 years and over. Not suitable for children under 7 years. The tour takes about 45 minutes.
Adult $24 per person. Senior $21 per person. Pensioner/child $18 per person. Family $60 for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Meeting point
- Abercrombie Caves park office
- Bookings not required. For further information email or phone Abercrombie Caves on 02 6368 8603. Limit 12 people. Minimum 2 adults required for tour to run.
Grove Cave is richly decorated with straw and shawl formations. Some of its unusual features include the Corncob stalagmite and the Grove grovel. Be on the lookout for cave crickets lurking in the darkness.
Entry to Grove Cave is by guided tour only, and it's a tour for small groups. It's a good idea to wear sturdy shoes and bring a camera. Bring a packed lunch if you're planning a day at Abercrombie Caves. There is no mobile phone reception in this park.
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve and caves are open Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). The reserve and caves area open daily during NSW school holidays. Closed Christmas Day.