Glenrock discovery walking tour
Glenrock State Conservation Area
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Unlock the secrets of Glenrock State Conservation Area on this exciting 3-hour guided walk with Geotrail and Nature Tours.
- Contact Geotrail and Nature Tours for tour dates.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. A moderate level of fitness is required. There are short, steep inclines, uneven surfaces, and a creek-crossing. Suitable for adults and children 8 years and over.
- Contact Geotrail and Nature Tours for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bookings required. Book online or email Geotrail and Nature Tours.
You’ll discover waterfalls, golden beaches and rainforest gullies on this 6.5km walk through Glenrock State Conservation Area just south of Newcastle.
Starting from Highfields, you’ll set-off along peaceful, forest trails with your experienced guide from Geotrail and Nature Tours. Notice how the landscape around you changes from lush rainforest, to the spotted gum forests and coastal heath.
Keep your eyes peeled for the vast array and plants and animals that thrive in this area. You’ll also learn about both local Aboriginal and European history, and how geological processes have shaped the landscape.
Geotrail and Nature Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Glenrock State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Glenrock State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.