Darling River Run tag-along tour
Paroo-Darling National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Follow the Darling River on a 15-day driving trip with Xpedition Tagalong Tours. Explore the incredible attractions in Outback NSW as you journey from Lightning Ridge through Broken Hill to Wentworth.
Contact Xpedition Tagalong Tours for a tour schedule.
- Paroo-Darling National Park in Outback NSW
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. A basic level of fitness is required for this tour.
Contact Xpedition Tagalong Tours for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Xpedition Tagalong Tours on 0403 731 739.
- Please note
- This tour travels across roughly 500km of unsealed roads. It is suitable for all types of vehicles.
Immerse yourself in nature, culture and history on a driving tour through Outback NSW with Xpedition Tagalong Tours.
Starting at Lightning Ridge, your expert guides will lead you south-west through Bourke before heading towards Broken Hill.
On your journey you’ll learn about Broken Hill’s mining history and stay at Silverton, an old silver mining town. Visit spectacular Mungo National Park, home to the Walls of China and the resting place of the famous Mungo Lady and Mungo Man.
Lastly, finish up at Wentworth, a place rich in heritage where the Darling River meets the mighty Murray. Keep your camera handy because you’ll be treated to incredible outback scenery as you travel. You may even spot some of the many animals that call the outback home.
Xpedition Tagalong Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Paroo-Darling National Park in the Outback NSW region
Paroo-Darling National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Things to do (51)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (14)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (17)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cultural heritage (6)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (14)
- Picnics and barbecues (17)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (8)
- Sightseeing (13)
- Swimming (2)
- Visitor centres (4)
- Walking (22)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)