Canyoning and abseiling tours at Empress Canyon
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, it's a requirement that you wear a mask if you enter an indoor area. Please bring a mask with you on the day.
Let the Australian School of Mountaineering show you the beautiful canyons of Blue Mountains National Park on an introductory abseiling and canyoning tour of Empress Canyon, near Wentworth Falls.
Contact the Australian School of Mountaineering for a tour schedule.
- Empress Canyon, Katoomba area
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. This is an entry-level abseiling and canyoning experience. A moderate level of fitness is required as there are several short uphill walks between abseils, and a 1-hour uphill walk at the end of the canyon.
- Contact the Australian School of Mountaineering for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Australian School of Mountaineering on 02 4782 2014. Bookings available on request.
A guided adventure tour with the Australian School of Mountaineering is the perfect introduction to the spectacular canyons of the Blue Mountains.
Learn basic abseiling and canyoning skills from your expert guides and try your hand at a few short practice abseils before moving onto higher challenges.
Once you’re ready, you’ll get to test your newfound skills at stunning Empress Canyon. Wade, scramble and make your way deep inside the sandstone cliff before taking the breathtaking 30m waterfall abseil to exit the canyon.
The Australian School of Mountaineering will supply all the gear you need for your tour, along with a packed lunch to keep your energy levels up.
The Australian School of Mountaineering is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.