Byron guided kayak tours with dolphins
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Go for a paddling adventure on sparkling ocean waters near Byron Bay with expert guides from Cape Byron Kayaks. It’s a safe way to explore this wilderness and even see dolphins.
- Contact Cape Byron Kayaks for schedule.
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area
- Contact Cape Byron Kayaks for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Cape Byron Kayaks on 02 6680 9555.
It’s easy to join this guided paddling tour from Clarkes Beach, in Cape Byron State Conservation Area, just a short walk from the town centre of Byron Bay. The experts from Cape Byron Kayaks will show you how to paddle their stable kayaks safely through the surf and out onto the ocean.
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced paddler, you’ll soon be gliding over clear blue waters, enjoying the waves and wilderness. Be sure to keep an eye out for dolphins and turtles that frequent these waters.
You can count on your friendly guides to share their local knowledge about this heavenly place, and even provide morning or afternoon tea on a beautiful beach.
Cape Byron Kayaks is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $29 per coach up to 30 seats; $55 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $91 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass