Byron Bay surf lessons with Blackdog Surfing
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Sign up for a session with the friendly instructors of Blackdog Surfing and learn to ride the waves in the sparkling blue waters of Byron Bay, famous for its soft sand and great surf.
- Contact Blackdog Surfing for schedule.
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Beginner to advanced level surfing instruction.
- Contact Blackdog Surfing for pricing.
- Entry fees
Price includes park entry fee.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Blackdog Surfing on 02 6680 9828.
If you’re starting your surfing journey at Byron Bay, try a session with Blackdog Surfing. This family-run school has a passion for sharing their love of surfing. With lessons to suit surfers of any age or ability, they’ll get you out on the waves and standing up on your board in no time.
You can choose a single beginner session, commit to a multi-day package, or even take private lessons to turbocharge your surf skills. It all happens in some of the best learning waves in Australia, with expert coaches who make fun and safety their top priority.
Blackdog Surfing is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $10 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $5 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Tap and pay card or phone payments accepted at pay machines. Cash and credit cards accepted at Cape Byron Information Centre.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass