Bushrangers Cave tour
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
Caves closed for repairs
All caves in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve are closed until Sunday 30 April 2023. We're working to repair flood damage and ensure safe access for visitors.
Bushrangers Cave is named for the bushrangers who roamed the rugged Abercrombie Ranges in 1830, and used the cave as a shelter. Join this guided tour at Abercrombie Caves to find out more.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and school-age children. Tour includes moderate walk, climbing down a step ladder and crossing a suspension bridge. It takes about 1 hr 40mins.
- Adult $33 per person. Senior $30 per person. Pensioner/child $25 per person. Family $83 family for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Meeting point
- Abercrombie Caves park office
- Bookings not required. For further information email or phone Abercrombie Caves on 02 6368 8603. Minimum 2 adults required for tour to run.
Bushrangers Cave was once used by the notorious Ribbon Gang, made up of escaped convicts and led by young English convict-servant Ralph Entwistle. The cave's remote location and narrow passages meant it was an ideal place for the gang to hide out. On this tour you'll also visit King Solomon’s Temple chamber, crossing a suspension bridge to reach it.
Entry to Bushrangers Cave is by guided tour only. It's a good idea to wear sturdy shoes and bring a camera and a jumper (the temperature is cooler inside the cave). Bring a packed lunch if you're planning a day at Abercrombie Caves. There is no mobile phone reception in this park.
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve and caves are open Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). The reserve and caves area open daily during NSW school holidays. Closed Christmas Day.
Things to do (14)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Other experiences (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Show cave tours (4)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Walking (6)
- Waterfalls (2)