Blue Mountains dark sky stargazing tour
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Join Blue Mountains Stargazing on a mesmerising 90-minute astronomy tour in the dark skies of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains.
Contact Blue Mountains Stargazing for a tour schedule.
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children, 4 years and over. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact Blue Mountains Stargazing for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price includes park entry fee.
- Meeting point
- Wentworth Falls picnic area.
- What to
- Blankets, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Blue Mountains Stargazing on 0449 829 003. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
Stargazing tours are weather dependent. They may be cancelled if stars are not visible due to cloud cover.If your tour is cancelled, you can:
- Choose to receive a credit to reschedule your tour for a later date. This voucher transferable to other people and valid for 3 years.
- Choose to attend our alternative 90-minute indoor Astronomy Planetarium tour, located at 77 Scott Avenue in Leura. This immersive astronomy tour is led by an astrophysicist. It is a cinema experience that takes place inside a dome with a powerful projector.
If it is overcast, you will receive an email at 3pm on the day of the tour notifying you of the cancellation. If you haven’t received a cancellation email, the stargazing tour is confirmed.
No refund will be offered in case of bad weather. Last minute bookings are recommended if you wish to wait for weather confirmation.
This interactive tour is a wonderful way to see the delights of the southern sky.
Our team of astronomers will share captivating sights through our professional-grade telescope. Depending on the time of year, you’ll see the moon and its craters, Saturn’s rings, the Orion Nebula, galaxies and star clusters. If you’re lucky, you may even spot a shooting star.
The stargazing guided tour includes:
- Professional computerised telescope
- Astronomy binoculars
- Laser-guided constellation storytelling
- Naked-eye astronomy
- Warm blankets in winter
- Complimentary hot chocolate
Blue Mountains Stargazing is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.