Blue Mountains dark sky stargazing tour
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, it's a requirement that you wear a mask if you enter an indoor area. Please bring a mask with you on the day.
Embark on an astronomy tour with Blue Mountains Stargazing and take in the timeless beauty of the Blue Mountains’ skies. Led by an astrophysicist, you’ll discover the Southern Hemisphere’s celestial wonders.
Contact Blue Mountains Stargazing for a tour schedule.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Contact Blue Mountains Stargazing for pricing.
- Meeting point
- Wentworth Falls picnic area
- What to
- Blankets, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Blue Mountains Stargazing on 0449 829 003. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- Astronomy tours are weather dependent. They may be cancelled if stars are not visible due to cloud cover.
- You’ll receive a message 1 hour before the start of the tour to confirm or cancel it. Please advise Blue Mountains Stargazing if more notice is required.
- In case of cancellation due to bad weather, a credit will be issued for a future booking on another date.
- Bring warm clothes, gloves and a blanket as mountains nights can get chilly.
Join Blue Mountains Stargazing on a mesmerising 90-minute astronomy tour in the dark skies of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains.
Run by Leura astrophysicist Dimitri and his fiancé Caroline, this interactive tour is a wonderful way to see the delights of the southern sky.
With 10 years’ experience under his belt, Dimitri will share captivating sights through his professional-grade telescope. Depending on the time of year, you’ll see the moon and its craters, Saturn’s rings, the Orion Nebula, galaxies and star clusters. If you’re lucky, you may even spot a shooting star.
This experience is suitable for all ages and a complimentary hot chocolate is provided to keep you warm on those chilly Blue Mountains’ nights.
Blue Mountains Stargazing is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.