Hill End Heritage Centre
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hill End Heritage Centre.
Getting there and parking
Hill End Heritage Centre is located next to the General Store as you enter Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
From Bathurst (allow 1.5hrs)
- Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Gilmour Street at Kelso
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site
From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs)
- Head north towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Street parking is available outside the heritage centre, along Beyers Avenue.
- Hill End Heritage Centre offers air-conditioning in summer and heating in winter.
- Public toilets are located 50m from the heritage centre, at the Royal Hall, opposite the General Store.
- Picnic tables and play areas can be found 50m from the heritage centre in Bill Lyle Reserve.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Hill End Heritage Centre is fully wheel-chair accessible, with ramp access.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850