Gorge Loop Road drive
Sturt National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gorge Loop Road drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Gorge Loop Road is in Sturt National Park. To get there from Tibooburra:
- Follow Wanarring Road for 45km, then turn right onto Gorge Loop Road.
- At the end of the scenic drive – the junction of Gorge Loop Road and Silver City Highway – you can either return to Tibooburra or continue onto Jump-Up Loop Road (110km round-trip).
Park entry points
Parking is available at designated numbered sites along the route, walks, lookouts, and Mount Wood campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Sturt National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time of year to visit when daytime temperatures are pleasant and night times not too chilly.
Depending on the rainfall the park's wildflowers, including the distinctive red Sturt Desert Pea will be on show throughout the park.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
22°C and 36°C
5°C and 17°C
August and September
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Sturt Visitor Centre
- Sturt Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880
- in Sturt National Park in the Outback NSW region
Sturt National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass