Coonabarabran - Warrumbungle - Tooraweenah drive
Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Coonabarabran - Warrumbungle - Tooraweenah drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Coonabarabran - Warrumbungle - Tooraweenah drive is in Warrumbungle National Park. To get there:
- From Coonabarabran, follow the signs along John Renshaw Drive through Warrumbungle National Park.
- Continue on the road as it turns into Tooraweenah Road, and follow the signs to Tooraweenah.
Park entry points
- Tooraweenah See on map
- Warrumbungle National Park Eastern access See on map
- Warrumbungle National Park Western access See on map
Parking is available at various sites along the drive.
Best times to visit
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 30C. In contrast, winter can be very cold and the temperature drops below freezing at night. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods. Less rain falls on the western side of the park than on the eastern side. It rains most from December to February and the annual average rainfall is 720mm. Thunderstorms are common in mid to late summer.
During early spring wildflowers are in bloom, including a huge variety of golden wattle flowers With a more moderate climate, spring is a great time to get out and camp under the stars .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
0°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass