Tommos loop and Rocky Ponds cycling loop
Brisbane Water National Park
Mountain biking enthusiasts will enjoy the challenging Tommos loop and Rocky Ponds cycling loop, a 20km bushland ride taking in scenic Central Coast views.
- Brisbane Water National Park
- 20km loop
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- There are some steep sections towards the end of the Rocky Ponds trail, take care not to skid on loose surfaces
- Cross Woy Woy Road with care, it can be pretty busy at times
Pack a bit of adventure into your day and take your bike for a spin along this mountain biking loop.
The trail starts opposite the impressive Staples lookout with pretty views of Brisbane Water, it then heads off to explore the ridge. Set your own pace, either tackling the trail like a mountain biking pro, leaving a cloud of dust in your wake, or going a little slower for a gentle ride to look for wildlife and admire the scenery.
Tommos loop trail is great for older kids and beginner adults, and it’s a good idea to take sunscreen and plenty of water. Remember to wear protective equipment, including a helmet and take care on the steeper sections towards the end of the Rocky Ponds trail.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass