Narrow Neck trail
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Narrow Neck trail.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Narrow Neck trail is in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Katoomba train station is around 5km from the start of Narrow Neck Plateau trail, off Glenraphael Drive.
- If driving, head west from Sydney on the Great Western Highway to Katoomba
- Follow Lurline St and Cliff Drive towards Scenic World then turn on to Glenraphael Drive
- Follow (unsealed) Glenraphael Drive and Narrow Neck Plateau trail around 2km to the locked gate. 4WD recommended.
Road conditions and access
- 4WD vehicles are recommended along unsealed Glenraphael Drive and Narrow Neck Plateau trail to the locked gate.
- Check the weather before you set out as Glenraphael Drive and Narrow Neck Plateau trail can become boggy and potholed when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
Parking is available at the locked gate, around 2km from the Cliff Drive turnoff.
Toilets are located near the Narrow Neck fire tower, or at Katoomba Falls Reserve on Cliff Drive.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Narrow Neck trail is a shared route for cyclists and walkers. Bikes give way to walkers. Reduce downhill speed for your safety. Bikes are not permitted on other walking tracks in this area.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785