Mount Banks Road cycle route
Mount Wilson area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Banks Road cycle route.
Getting there and parking
Mount Banks Road cycle route is in the Mount Wilson area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there from Sydney:
- Take the Bells Line of Road from Richmond towards Lithgow
- About 7km after Mount Tomah, turn left at the sign to Mount Banks picnic area
- The cycle track starts at the picnic area.
- Unsealed roads
There's a carpark with limited space, for around 10 vehicles, at Mount Banks picnic area.
Picnic tables and non-flush toilet facilities are located at Mount Banks picnic area.
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Mount Wilson area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Mount Wilson area is always open but some locations may close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.