Mining Road to Old Gibber Road cycling trail
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mining Road to Old Gibber Road cycling trail.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mining Road to Old Gibber Road cycling trail is in the Bombah Broadwater or Sugarloaf Point to Shelley Beach area of Myall Lakes National Park.
To get there:
- From Pacific Highway, take The Lakes Way approximately 3km north of Bulahdelah
- Drive for approximately 23km and turn right into Seal Rocks Road
- The trail starts on the right after the Neranie campground turn-off.
Alternatively, if starting from Boomeri campground:
- From the Pacific Highway, take Bombah Point Road (unsealed) to the ferry crossing
- Cross the water with Bombah Point ferry and continue along Mungo Brush Road
- The campground is on the left approximately 500m after Northern Broadwater picnic area.
From Hawks Nest:
- Follow Mungo Brush Road Drive (sealed) for approximately 40km and follow the signs to the campground.
If you're travelling on the Bombah Point ferry, see the the prices here.
Parking is available off Seal Rocks Road and at Boomeri campground.
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Bombah Point ferry fees -
The vehicle ferry at Bombah Point provides access across the lake (8am to 6pm daily, fees apply: cash only). Under strong winds the ferry may be closed. Contact the park office to check. Ferry fees:
- $2.50 per pedestrian
- $5.50 per motorbike
- $6.50 per car
- $6.50 caravan, trailer or boat trailer
- $10 per 4 tonne or larger vehicles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. NPWS staff regularly visit areas to collect day use fees. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass