Glenrock mountain biking trails
Glenrock State Conservation Area
Spend the day riding your mountain bike on the trails in Glenrock State Conservation Area near Newcastle. There are rides to suit all levels, and even the kids can ride.
- Glenrock State Conservation Area
- 34km of trails
- Time suggested
- 1 day
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Some of the trails are shared with other visitors, so look out for walkers and stick to signposted trails when riding.
- Suggested times may vary depending on which mountain biking trail you chose to take.
- If you are interested in holding a mountain biking event in this park, please use the online form.
Glenrock State Conservation Area provides excellent opportunities for mountain bike riding. With 14km of purpose-built bike trails and 20km of linked management trails in the northern section of the park, allow a day to explore the area. The mountain bike tracks will take you on a windy ride through open forest and woodlands and, in combination with the trail network, provide access to Burwood Beach, Leichhardt’s lookout and the waterfalls.
The trails are graded – green circle for beginners, blue square for intermediate and black diamond for advanced, so there is bound to be one that suits your level. Biking trails are all signed, so if you can’t see a sign it means that riding is not permitted.
Large bike maps are installed at major entrances, but if you'd like to print off and take your own, or find out further information on how to volunteer, checkout the Glenrock Trail Alliance website.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Glenrock State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Glenrock State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Newcastle office
02 4946 4100
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland NSW 2307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newcastle office