Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Andersons trail.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Andersons mountain bike trail is in the Wentworth Falls area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- From Sydney, take the Great Western Highway towards Katoomba.
- Turn left onto Tableland Road around 2km south-east of Wentworth Falls town centre.
- Continue 4km to the v-junction with Kedumba Valley Road, at Old Queen Victoria Hospital.
- Park under the pine trees at the hospital to start the route described, or continue 7km along Kings Tableland Road to the locked gate that marks the start of Andersons fire trail.
If cycling from Wentworth Falls train station, it's a 7.5km ride via Great Western Highway and Tableland Road to Old Victoria Hospital.
While 2WD vehicles can access Kings Tableland Road in dry weather, 4WD vehicles are recommended if you plan to start from the locked gate at the fire trail head.
- Parking is available under the pine trees on Kings Tableland Road, at Old Queen Victoria Hospital on Kings Tableland Road.
- Limited parking is available near the locked gate at the start of Andersons fire trail.
By public transport
Take the train to Wentworth Falls train station, then ride around 14.5km via Great Western Highway and Kings Tableland Road to the start of Andersons trail.
- The nearest public toilets are located at the carpark on Station Street at Wentworth Falls.
- You'll need to bring plenty of water to last your journey.
- There are no bins so please take all your rubbish with you when you leave the park.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves for cooking, especially in summer during fire season.
Please camp in designated campgrounds at Murphys Glen campground or Ingar campground.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785