Coffs Coast Regional Park
Woolgoolga Lake is a great place for canoeing, kayaking, swimming and birdwatching. Make a day of it - pack a picnic or barbecue to enjoy at this scenic spot.
- Coffs Coast Regional Park in North Coast
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Read more about Woolgoolga Lake which is managed by Coffs Harbour City Council
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Switch to a slower pace of life at Woolgoolga Lake on the north coast. You’ll find a family-friendly picnic area, shielded from the sun by shady eucalypts and paperbarks. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a lazy afternoon, serenaded by waterbirds, children laughing, barbecues sizzling and waves crashing nearby.
The lake is a calm tidal inlet so it’s great for a spot of paddling in a canoe or kayak, swimming and fishing or just floating along on a lilo.
There’s a wealth of resident birdlife to watch. And, if it’s low tide, you can take the short stroll across the mouth of the lake and then onto the beach – it’s almost like walking on water.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving Our Species program
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Coffs Coast Regional Park in the North Coast region
Coffs Coast Regional Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (30)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (16)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (12)
- Surfing (4)
- Swimming (9)
- Walking (15)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)