Towra Point Nature Reserve
Kurnell’s delightful Towra Beach is ideal for boating, kayaking or a leisurely picnic, all with the Sydney city skyline as your backdrop.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- To ensure that this nature reserve is enjoyed for generations to come, please be sure to follow NSW Fisheries advice.
- Stay within marked areas.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
A honeycomb-coloured stretch of sand surrounding a wildlife reserve, Towra Beach is wonderfully unassuming and a great place to escape from the crowds.
16km south west of Sydney, Towra Beach’s mix of protected wetlands, sand flats and seagrass can only be reached by boat or paddling. More than likely, you’ll enjoy this tranquil beach on your own, so pack a picnic or build a sandcastle by its calm waters. Any visitors will mostly be of the winged kind; rare migrating birds wade the coastline.
Why not visit during summer and stay for sunset? The silhouettes of Captain Cook's and Tom Ugly’s bridges standing tall in the fading orange light is something you’ll remember long after the sun disappears. For another view of the nature reserve stop at Quibray Bay viewing platform on the way home.
Quibray Bay viewing platform in Kurnell is a great place for birdwatching and also features scenic views across conservation areas close to Sydney.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
- CLOSED TO VISITORS. Email and phone contact only. Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 02 9668 2010
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- in Towra Point Nature Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Towra Point Nature Reserve is accessible by boat only. Access to the land is available on special consent for research and educational purposes only. Contact the local Area office on 9668 2000.