Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Royal Hotel.
Getting there and parking
The Royal Hotel is in the centre of town in Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
From Bathurst (allow 1.5hrs)
- Turn off the Great Western highway onto Gilmour St at Kelso
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site
From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs)
- Head north, towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Several parking spots are available on Beyers Avenue, in front of the Royal Hotel or General Store.
The Royal Hotel features a dining room, outdoor bistro area and beer garden, bar, pool table, wood fire, telephone and toilet facilities.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
The first storey of the Royal Hotel has narrow doorways and small steps. There is no wheelchair access to the second storey.
The Royal Hotel is a family-friendly environment and children can enjoy themselves in all parts of the hotel except the main bar, which is restricted to 18 years and over.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850